I work with leaders from start-ups to established organizations. For-profits, and for non-profits. Every organization has its own story, culture, politics, biases, tolerance to risk, espoused beliefs, and values. I realize that for my coaching to be effective I need to understand the leadership journey of the individual but also the context in which they will have to engage for impact.
This is what will frame my coaching strategy, and it could vary from individual to individual. I do not use a one size fits all approach but using my skills, training, experience, and working with the business leader develop a coaching strategy best suited for the individual. I focus on the 3 Ps of a leader: People they impact. Passions they want to pursue, and Professional impact they aspire for.
My Coaching Approach
- Understanding the leadership journey of the leader
- Understanding the context in which the leader must engage for impact
- Arriving at coaching strategy including tools to be used
- Deciding on coaching outcomes, and monitoring tools
- Deciding on the duration of the coaching arrangement
My Coaching Philosophy
- I approach my work from a place of service— not to please— but to serve you powerfully through whatever I can bring to the relationship, and hopefully, that will help you become the best version of yourself.
- I want to be the most powerful listener in your life by creating a safe, but not necessarily always a comfortable space, to understand and deal with the interferences to your dreams and goals.
- I will help you change your frame of mind and confront the reality that accompanies it, discover new opportunities, and then ultimately pursue them.
- I will ask you questions that maybe no one has asked you before, and challenge you in a strong, respectful way to help you achieve your potential in many aspects of your life.
- I am passionate about the power of leadership and followership. We will work on how you model the way in all aspects of your life.
- I want to understand your dreams and aspirations. I believe that part of my responsibility as your chair is to breathe energy into your dreams, and then I work to be your partner in pursuing those dreams.
- I value deep, trusting relationships in my life and with my members: this is at the core of what I do, and it’s inextricably linked to my coaching.
- I believe in and will share the power of therapeutic humor with my members.
- Finally, I will encourage you to make a difference in the lives of those who depend on you, and with my help, you will leave a lasting legacy.